Laura, from North Dunedin...
Delicious Leek & Potato Soup!
This is a favourite of mine, which I am frequently making for my family & flatmates. Its incredibly easy to make - and can be eaten hot or cold, for tea, lunch or even breakfast (this has been done before!!). There's nothing like a scrummy homemade soup to warm you up on a cold Dunedin day :)
Hope this recipe will become one of your favourites too, Enjoy!
- 60g Butter
- 2 Leeks, chopped
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 good sized Potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot on the stove.
- Add the chopped leeks - cook until soft.
- Add the chicken stock & chopped potatoes - bring to the boil for 15-20mins until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the stove - stir in milk.
- Season with a good amount of salt & pepper.
- Allow to cool and then puree.
- Reheat if wanting to serve hot.
- Serve with toasted bread, garlic bread is nice.
- For feeding 5-6 people, 1.5x the recipe.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|3-4||30 mins||10 mins|