Dave, from Riccarton...
Lill's Luscious Lemon Honey
Fantastic for school lunches, extra snacks or for anyone with a sweet tooth. It is extremely easy to make and I have not come across anyone who does not like it. In fact most people ask for more...
51 Votes Since September 21st
- 4 large juicy lemons
- 100gm butter cut into small cubes
- 2 cups of sugar
- 5 beaten eggs
- Wash lemons then finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Add butter as well as the eggs and sugar.
- Heat in microwave for a 30 sec burst then stir briskly with a wire whisk.
- Repeat heating and stirring until it thickens.
- Once thickened pour into sterilised glass jars and seal.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|Makes x3 - 250gm jars.||2-5min (depending on microwave power)||Around 3min|