Jill, from Manurewa...
If you can make a smoothie, you can make this.
A zingy combination of Cranberry, Citrus and Coconut.
Has: Protein, Omega 3, Antioxidants, Vitamins, Minerals, Calcium and Fibre
No butter, No oil, No eggs
Uses the ingredients found in a Smoothie (and more), but it isn’t one.
That’s the Surprise !
- ½ cup of Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup of Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Liquid Honey
- ¼ cup Ground LSA (Linseed, Sunflower Seed, Almonds)
- ¼ cup Wheat Germ Flakes
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup SR Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds (2nd lot)
- The night before, in a blender, soak Dried Cranberries in the Orange Juice.
- Set oven to 180, on Auto, to turn on, approx 10 minutes before you get up.
- In the morning, add all of the other ingredients to the blender (except the 2nd lot of sliced almonds). Blend for 5 seconds.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin.
- Sprinkle 2nd lot of Sliced Almonds, on the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 180 degrees for around 30 minutes.
- Serve, sliced, hot or warm, with unsweetened, acidophilus yoghurt, sliced banana and berries. Serves 8.
- IN A HURRY? Make into muffins (instead of a loaf): Bake at 200 degrees, 15 minutes.
- REALLY IN A HURRY? Make the loaf the night before, in the morning, slice, toast it & serve, 1 minute.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8||30 minutes||5 minutes|