Patricia, from Glengarry...
Golden Supreme Soup
Very simple, tasty and economical.A family favourite.
Found basic recipe in a paper clipping and added some extras.
2 Votes Since September 14th
- 1 medium sized Swede
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2tsp sugar
- 1tsp curry pd.
- a shake of pepper and salt.
- 3 cups milk
- 2tbsp butter
- 3tbsp flour
- Cook chopped up swede,onion,bacon ,sugar and curry in the
- chicken stock until swede is soft.[ about 20mins.]
- Blend or whiz until pulped.
- Make a white sauce with the milk ,butter and flour.
- Add to swede mixture and mix until smooth
- The pulped swede can be frozen and added to a white sauce as required.