jennifer, from ashburton...
Your Husband/Partner Will Love You For This!!
Cracked pepper, plum and portwine. You melt this over steak/ Venison any game meat also have it with cheese and breads, this recipe is a favourite for my friends as I created it through a mixture of goodies I had in the fridge and needed something to jazz up the tea - it got them going and hang out for it when they know it is our place for tea. I no I am going on but there are so many things you can do with it - have fun using it.
- 1 cup of plum jam
- 1 cup of port-wine or red wine
- 1/4 cup of cracked pepper
- 4 teaspoons of gelatine
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- In a pot mix the plum jam and wine melt over a low heat.
- Then melt the gelatine in boiled water and mix well.
- Then take plum and wine off heat then mix into it.
- Then add the cracked pepper you can add more or less
- if you want to it is up to you.
- Once you meat is to be served either portion this onto it
- or put on the table to be used.
- You can also smear this onto meat to be cooked with makes
- a lovely aroma and taste.
- If with cheese have in a side-dish.
|Serves||Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4||aound 6 or 1 cup||10 minutes||10 minutes|