Fiona, from Rosedale...
Super Smooth Creamy Vegetable Soup
Full of goodness and very low on calories, this is an adaptation of a Weight Watchers recipe that I've altered to suit my taste buds. We eat this all the time in the winter, it's substantial enough for a evening meal with some crusty bread.
- 1 large onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 potatoes, cleaned
- 2 carrots, cleaned
- chunk of suede, peeled
- 2 wedges of pumpkin, skinned
- 1 parsnip
- (you can substitute or add other vegetables to your liking)
- 1/3 cup red lentils
- 1 teaspoon maggi beef stock
- 1 teapsoon maggi chicken stock
- 1 large teaspoon curry pdr
- 1 generous teaspoon salt
- Half full a large pot with water.
- Add all ingredients (chop vegetables into smallish chunks first).
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly then puree in batches in kitchen wizz or with stick blender.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream & black pepper. Delicious!
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6||20 minutes||15 minutes|