Elisha, from Westport...
Potatoes A La Mount Cook
Mountains of yummy deliciousness... roasted potato slices with cheese, onion, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, and anything else you want to add! These are something I make all the time, and I made the recipe up myself. Try them, they are absolutely AWESOME and sooo easy to make... I used to refer to them as Potato Mountains, but for this competition I have named them "Potatoes a la Mount Cook" to give them a NZ feel. =) ENJOY!
- 5 medium roasting / baking potatoes
- 3 portobello mushrooms, or 5-6 button mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 tomato
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic (or 1 tsp crushed garlic)
- 1-2 cups grated cheese - use more if you love cheesiness
- Some mixed herbs or seasoning, I use Garlic & Herb Sea Salt
- Anything else you want to put on top... use your imagination!
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Wash potatoes, remove any imperfections. Leave skin on. Slice into 5mm thick slices and spread out onto a baking tray, drizzle with cooking oil.
- Bake for around 20 mins, or until just starting to brown around edges. While the potatoes are cooking, dice the mushrooms, onion, tomato, and garlic as fine as you can.
- Line another tray with baking paper and make four even "piles" of the cooked potato slices on it.
- Top each pile with some grated cheese to hold them together, then layer the diced onion, garlic, mushrooms and finally the tomato on top of each mountain. Add anything else you want to add... the sky is the limit with Potatoes a la Mount Cook!
- Top with more grated cheese, and season with your choice of seasoning. Pop back into the oven and bake until cheese on top is nice and golden brown.
- Use a large egg slice or similar to scoop each mountain up and serve. Great by themselves, or with some chicken pieces or chops as a main meal. Enjoy!
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4||About 40-45 mins||15 mins|