Jody, from Whakatane...
Weight Watchers Beware As This Is A Casserole So Good Even The Fat On The Meat Tastes Good!
As a child this was my favourite meal and I would smell it as soon as I came home from school. Very exotic for my mother who has the opinion fine dining is 'mixed herbs' in meatloaf.
This recipe is easy, very tasty and comforting, better with cheaper meats or even sausages and above all once you have the ingredients in the cupboard they last for a long time. This can be popped in a slow cooker or forgotten in an oven and takes only five minutes preptime.
Serve with Creamy mashed potato and buttered corn and a bit of brocoli just to make you feel better.
- Enough meat to feed your family, I prefer mutton chops or sausages
- 2 Sliced onions
- 2TB Brown Sugar
- 2TB Vinegar
- 2TB Flour
- 3TB Tomato Sauce
- 1/2t Powdered Ginger
- 1/2t All Spice
- 1t Mustard Powder
- 1t Curry Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pop your meat in a casserole dish, cover with onions.
- In a seperate cup, mix all the rest of the ingredients, turn into a runny paste with a little water then add about a cup or two of water and add to the meat and onions. Cover and bake.
- For Mutton loin chops I cook at about 160 for two - three hours or for sausages 180 for an hour.
- Easy recipe to change and adapt for different cuts of meat and taste.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|this amount is perfect for 4-5||Varies with meat||5mins|