Sarah, from Whitney...
Chicken Risotto Just Like Your Mamma Would Make...
Easy, creamy, healthy, hearty comforting risotto.. packed full of flavour...
1 Votes Since September 28th
- 1 Litre vegetable stock
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 large onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- 400g arborio (risotto) rice
- 1 glass of white wine
- 70g butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast - cut into cubes and cooked.
- 1 zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1T fresh thyme - chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley - chopped
- Heat the stock. Put the olive oil into a fry pan and cook onions and garlic until just soft. Add the rice to the pan and cook until rice turns translucent (about 5 mins). Then, gradually add wine then once absorbed add the heated stock cup by cup allowing the liquid to absorb each time. Stir continuously. After about 15 mins all liquid should be absorbed.
- Remove from heat, add butter,parmesan, cooked diced chicken, lemon and chopped herbs and mix well.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan on top and a drizzle of olive oil... Brilliant everytime.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|