Lisa, from Grey Lynn...
Meatballs With Risoni Pasta - A Hit With The Kids!!
This has been a huge hit with all ages and a very easy way to get some veges into those young ones! Easy to put together - my 3 year old loves rolling the meatballs - and the dish freezes well.
5 Votes Since September 22nd
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 litre beef stock (I use Campbells Real Stock)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 tablespooon of fresh rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 300g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of risoni pasta
- Combine the mince with 1/2 cup of stock, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic and rosemary. Roll into balls.
- Heat oil in a large fying pan or wok and cook meatballs until browned all over.
- Pour over the remaining stock, add tomatoes, courgettes, mushrooms - bring to the boil and then simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the risoni pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente and meatballs are cooked through.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4-6||25 minutes||20 minutes|