Kirsty, from Orinoco...
Cheap Easy Fantastic Fish Pie
This is a family recipe that is quick cheap and easy to make. Is a fanatastic family meal or great for pot luck or shared meal as is easy to increase the quantity. Approx $2.50 per serve
9 Votes Since September 21st
- 1x 400gm Tin of Tuna (I use it in oil but springwater is fine also)
- 2 large or 4 small tomatos
- 4 - 5 hard boiled eggs
- 4 - 5 potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- ingredients for cheese sauce butter, flour, milk plus extra cheese for topping
- Boil Potatoes until soft for mashing. Mash with a little butter and milk until creamy
- Boil Eggs until hard boiled, cool and slice
- Slice tomatos
- Finely chop onion
- Make thick cheese sauce - melt 50 -60 gms of butter in small pot, add enough flour to make smooth paste then add 1/2c milk and handful of cheese and stir constantly over a medium heat until thick and come together.
- Drain tuna and put in bottom of oven dish, sprinkle over onion and then cover with cheese sauce. Cover with slices of boiled egg, then with slices of tomato. Cover whole lot with mashed potato, sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven at 160 for 1/2 hour or until is bubbling and cheese is browned on top.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|