Shontelle, from Kamo...
Shontelle's Crayfish Thermidore
My husband's a great diver and fisherman and I had to come up with something original to do with all the proceeds. Even people who do not like crayfish like this.
18 Votes Since September 17th
- 1 large cooked crayfish
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- a dash of cream
- Cut cooked crayfish in half down its length and remove the meat and dice finely. Set aside. In pan melt butter and cook garlic and onion for two minutes. Gradually add flour, stirring constantly, cook one minute. Gradually add milk, salt, curry powder and chilli sauce and cook until thickened (approximately five minutes). Add a dash of cream. Stir in the cheese and the crayfish meat. Check for seasoning and add more salt/chilli/curry to your liking. Stir in the crayfish meat and then spoon mixture back into crayfish shells. Sprinkle with more grated cheese and grill until hot, aromatic and golden brown.
- Enjoy outside with a glass of wine!
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4||10 mins||20 mins|