Michelle, from Harewood...
These delicious pork ribs can be cooked in the morning and served in minutes later that night leaving you plenty of time to relax with friends or family. A mother of five boys, 8-22 yrs these Flintstone Ribs never fail to please. Hubby loves them with a cold one while the league is on. (Must be comfort food if you've watched the league lately!) The meat falls off the bones and the sauce they are covered in will leave you thinking you have died and gone to heaven! Enjoy!
- About 2kg pork ribs
- pepper and salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tbspn tomato sauce
- 2 tspn mixed mustard
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tspn garlic salt
- 1/2 tspn celery salt
- place pork ribs in roasting pan
- add water
- season with salt and pepper
- cover tightly with foil
- bake at 180 deg for about 2 hrs until meat is tender adding more water if necessary.
- Sauce: Bring remaining ingredients to boil in saucepan.
- when bones are required, brush them on both sides with sauce.
- heat under grill turning at least once until sauce bubbles.
- great served with baked potato dripping in garlic butter and a large dollop of sour cream.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|