Sharlene, from Forrest Hill...
This is a simple chicken dish which does not take long to create, but is absolutely divine……..will win over any guest. They will think you have spent hours cooking. Is nice served with baby potatoes and a crisp salad
408 Votes Since September 1st
- 6 boned chicken breasts
- Flour (seasoned)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Dried Breadcrumbs
- 1 x 150g mozzarella cheese (sliced or grated)
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbls butter
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 x 425g Tomota Puree or Peeled Tomatos (I use Leggos Puree)
- Peeled rind of 1 Orange
- ½ cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 tspn dried Basil
- 1 x 140g Tomato Paste (again I use Leggos)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter for the sauce in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry until soft. Add the orange juice, rind, basil, tomato puree and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 25 minuets until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove the orange rind and set sauce aside.
- Coat chicken lightly with flour, dip in beaten egg and toss in breadcrumbs until coated.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan, add chicken and brown both sides.
- Arrange chicken on an ovenproof serving platter or transfer to an oven tray. Spoon over sauce and top with mozzarella cheese slices (or grated cheese). Bake in a moderately hot oven at 190oC for 10-15 minutes until cheese melts and chicken is cooked through.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6||40-50 mins||15-20 mins|