Bilinda, from Whangarei...
This is a different way of doing chicken and very tasty indeed, something the whole family is sure to enjoy.
57 Votes Since August 31st
- 125ml Sugar
- 25-50ml Mustard powder
- 50ml Cake flour
- 2ml Salt
- 50ml Sunflower oil
- 125ml white vinegar
- 250ml mayonnaise
- 250ml Boiling water
- 2 TBL Oil for frying
- 2 Brown onions cut into chunks
- 6 Chicken thighs, lightly cooked in 1cup chicken stock
- Mix sugar, mustard powder, flour, salt, oil and vinegar until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and boiling water and mix well.
- Pour a little oil into a large pan cook onions till transparrent.
- Then add chicken and stock
- Brown Chicken on all sides in stock until just about done.
- Place Chicken and onions in an oven proof dish
- Pour over the sauce.
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for plus minus 30 min. Serve with Rice and salad or veggies of choice.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4-6||1 hour||plus minus an hour|