Melanie, from Hector...
People are always asking for this recipe! Makes 3 large balls. Keeps well in the fridge for a few days. Great with crackers and vegetable sticks. This is our Christmas or special occasion treat that always gets rave reviews. The secret is to use the Cerebos Tomato Relish I have used other relishes but didn't compare. Just be patient when mixing. Your arm gets a good workout but you want to keep going until fully combined and you cannot see the grated cheese. You can add extra grated cheese depending on your taste.
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 gerkins finely chopped
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons Cerebos Tomato Relish
- Place all ingredients except chopped nuts into bowl
- Mix with wooden spoon
- Be patient, keep mixing untill grated cheese is blended
- Taste, add more grated cheese if you wish
- Divide into 3 balls
- Roll in chopped nuts to cover
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|3 large balls||nil||20 minutes|