Louise, from Te Awamutu...
Sausage And Spaghetti Pie
This is a family favourite recipe that uses ingredients that everybody has and is served fast!! Everyone enjoys this pie including our two hungry teenagers and my brother who always requests it when he is home from the U.K! The recipe came via a family friend nearly 20 years ago although I did slightly modify it to our taste.
- One sheet puff pastry
- One medium onion
- Six pre-cooked sausages
- One tin Watties spaghetti
- Grated Cheese (approx 2 cups)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a 20cm pie dish, place the pastry inside the dish.
- Dice the onion, put half of the diced onion on the pastry.
- Slice the pre-cooked sausages into 1 cm pieces and place on the onion.
- Add the can of Watties spaghetti on top.
- Place the remaining diced onion over the spaghetti.
- Add the grated cheese, fold over the pastry corners.
- Bake the pie for about 40 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|Four||40 minutes||10 minutes|