Keren, from Waikanae...
"Gone Fishin Pie"
This is quick & easy to make in food processor. Great to take out as equally nice hot or cold. Can be made with either salmon or tuna or a combination of both. A very popular tasty recipe. A great picnic pie.
1 Votes Since October 9th
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 11/2 cups flour
- 125 grm butter
- 1/4 teas paprika
- 1 large tin tuna or salmon or small tin of each
- 1 peeled and quartered onion
- sprig of parsley
- 3 eggs
- 200 grm plain yoghurt or sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup of salad dressing
- juice of lemon
- 1 teas prepared mustard
- 1 teas worcester sauce
- Process till crumbly, cheese, flour butter & paprika.
- Reserve 1 cup of this and press remainder into a large ovenproof dish or baking tin.
- Process peeled & quartered onion and parsley until finely chopped.
- Add eggs, yoghurt, cheese,salad dressing, lemon juice, worcester sauce & tuna or salmon.
- Pour onto base and sprinkle reserved cup of base over the top.
- Cook in med oven for approx 1hr or until filling is set.
- Serve with crisp green salad.