Jill, from Merivale...
That rather old looking piece of corn beef, left over, can be transformed into a tasty treat of a light meal in a flash. An original recipe created by myself. With every day inexpensive ingredients and quickly created, this is a real winner.
- 2 cooked potatoes
- 2-3 cups finely chopped corn beef (cooked)
- 2 medium kumera (cooked)
- 2 carrots (cooked)
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cancan of Watties Pasta sauce 420 grams
- optional: add 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- Mash the potatoes, kumera, and carrots.
- Add the onion, parsley, s and p. (and chilli sauce optional)
- Add the corn beef to the mashed mixture. Then shape into rounds
- Roll in breadcrumbs
- Chill in fridge for 30mins
- Fry slowly 4 mins each side in a lightly oiled fry pan
- Heat the can of tomatoe puree
- Serve with a dollop of tomato puree.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|2 persons dinner / 4 lunch||15 mins||30 mins|