Pauline, from Burnside ...
Exceptionally Moreish Caramel Popcorn
Buttery and yummy!!!
This recipe is quick and cheap, and never fails to please a crowd.... nuff said!
If wished it can be formed into balls while warm, or you could add peanuts to it for a bit of variety.
252 Votes Since September 26th
- 4-5 cups of popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda (press down on it break up any lumps)
- Put the popcorn into a large lightly oiled heat resistant container.
- Place the sugar, water, butter and salt into an, at least two cup capacity, heat resistant glass jug (the jug should be uncoloured as you need to keep an eye on the colour of the caramel).
- Microwave the mixture on high for 2 min, then stir it until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Microwave on high, watching carefully, until the mixture turns a light brown (in my microwave this takes 3 - 3 1/2 min). Be vigilent, it can burn very quickly after starting to turn brown!
- Add the baking soda and quickly stir to mix well.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the popcorn while still bubbling, and mix well with a large spoon to coat.
- Break the popcorn up into another bowl while still quite warm.
- Store in an airtight container when cool.
|4-5 cups||10 min|