Michelle, from New Plymouth...
"Vege Lovers" Vegetable Slice
This is one of my absolute favourites, a regular request for pot luck dinners. Really good for light summer meal served with salad. serves beautifully with tomato relish.
4 Votes Since September 17th
- 2 Large cups (in total) grated vegetables - Your choice.
- (Pumpkin, Kumera, Carrot, Courgette,)
- 2 med celery sticks chopped finely
- Mushrooms, Sliced - (your choice - usually 8 or so)
- 1 med onion -Chopped fine
- 1/2 Capsicum
- 3 rashers bacon or ham if you prefer
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- Combine all vegetables, cheese, curry powder & S/P mix together
- Add eggs, and oil, mix through.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix until all is combined.
- Pour into a greased dish
- Bake at 180 for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned
- Served best with tomato relish - Enjoy!
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4-6||30-40 minutes||20 minutes|