Lou, from St. Albans...
Gluten Free Potato Cheesecake
This is a very easy, delicious savoury cake, you can have it as a light meal or with another dish. It is a great idea fro finger food parties. It is a round cake shape, it is mash potatoes inside with the outside baked golden brown.
One of the most creative thing about this cake is that it is vegetarian cake, and it has the cheese inside of the mashed potatoes. You can chose the flavour of the cheese inside of the mashed potatoes. Healthy, tasty and absolutely divine.
- 23cm in diameter cake tin
- 1kg peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cream
- 1/2 grated smoked cheese
- 1 egg
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup grounded almonds
- salt and pepper(for flavour)
- Pre-heat the oven at 170 degree Celcius, fan bake
- Cut the peeled potatoes in cubes, put in cold water and boil them until soft.
- Drain the potatoes, put the potatoes back in the pot, and mash the potatoes.
- Add all the cream, cheese, butter and mix
- Then add egg, and add salt and pepper to your preferance
- grease the cake tin with butter
- dust the cake tin with some grounded almonds
- put potato mixture in the cake tin and sprinkle the left over grounded almonds over the mixture
- Put this in the oven for 30 minutes.
- take out the cake after 30 minutes and leave it until cool to take out the cake from the tin.
- Cut it in 8 slices
- when ready to eat, heat it up again in the oven for five minutes at 170 degree celsius, fan bake for the crispy texture
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8 pieces||30 minutes||1 hour|