Shirley, from 0067 Lake Rd, Leeston...
Lemon And Mustard Seed Relish
A wonderful relish, tasting of tangy lemon and mustard seeds. It goes so well with fish, ham and chicken.
So easy and inexpensive to make, especially at this time of the year. I,m sure more people are growing lemons than used to.
- 3 Lemons, finely chopped in Whizz.
- 1tbsp salt,
- 3 small onions chopped in whiz
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds NB ground mustard not the same!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Put lemons in bowl and sprinkle with salt. Leave overnight, covered.
- Next morning, rinse with cold water, and drain it off.
- In large pan, combine lemons and all other ingredients.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Is just so easy to make and really spices up fish, chicken and ham.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|approx 2 pints||1 hour||1/2 hr prep time, then leave O/Night|