Jacqui, from St Albans...
Roast Cinnamon Pumpkin And Feta Salad
This recipe has been stuck in my recipe scrapbook for many years (think it came from a woman's magazine) & is always a favourite at BBQs or pot-luck dinners. I've often been asked to share it with others.
7 Votes Since September 2nd
- 800 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 4 red peppers, roasted and sliced
- 250 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C Mix pumpkin, oil, cinnamon and garlic then place on an oven tray. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast pumpkin seeds in a fry pan.
- Place pumpkin & seeds in salad bowl with feta, red onion and basil.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds and serve warm.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4-6||25 mins||15 mins|