Lyndsey, from Avonhead...
Amazing Creamy Coffee Pie
Get off your computer! You have to jump into the kitchen and give this a go.
4 Votes Since August 31st
- Crust: 3/4 packet crushed wholemeal biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- Filling: 1 tablespoon gelatine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablesppons water
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Crush biscuits. Melt the butter add crumbs and mix well, then press into a 9" (23cm) pie plate and refrigerate.
- Add gelatine to water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- In double boiler or basin mix egg yolks. Half sugar and milk.
- Stir over hot water until custard coats spoon, then add coffee and gelatine and stir until it's dissolved
- Let it cool.
- Beat cream cheese until soft then gradually add cooled custard.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff, then fold into setting custard mixture.
- Pour into biscuit crust and set in refrigerator.
- Decorate with whipped cream and kiwi fruit or strawberries.