Jill, from Alfriston...
This is great for livley people who are on the go.
This recipe is gifted to the staff of Alfriston College, for whom I made it first.
Thank you for all the outstanding work that you do; for making a difference in the lives of so many students - and in mine.
- ZEST of one orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- enough milk to mix
- 1/4 cup (2nd portion) sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add sugar, coconut, cranberries, orange zest, orange juice and sliced almonds and stir to mix.
- Add and stir in just enough milk combine ingredients.
- Think with love, of the people you are making this for.
- Transfer mixture into lined loaf tin.
- Sprinkle 2nd portion of slice almonds on top of loaf.
- Bake in oven for around 30 minutes.
- Take from oven and serve warm.
|Serves||Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8||1 Loaf||30 minutes||5 minutes|