sandra, from tinwald...
a tasty, zingy filled shortcake. from my mum
2 Votes Since October 21st
- 100 grams butter
- 75 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 225 grams flour
- 25 grams cornflour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams butter
- 1 egg
- juice and rind of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- half tin condensed milk
- cream butter and sugar, add egg.then dry ingredients
- press or roll out half of mixture into baking paper lined sponge roll type tin.
- cover with prepared filling and other half of mixture rolled out
- bake at 150 degree c for approx 20 minutes
- ice when cold with vanilla icing, sprinkle with coconut if desired
- cut into pieces.
- for filling melt all ingredients over gentle heat in saucepan, stirring until blended, cool and use
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|about 24 pieces||20 minutes||20 minutes|