Michaela, from Bayswater...
Aunty Tui's Beat The @#$% Out Of It Never Fail Pavlova
This came from Aunty Tui ( and we'll have to share with her) and has been made by my son since he was 15. It has become his standard "take to functions" dish as well as to thank people for favours. All the ladies swoon when he says he made it, it never fails to please and even tastes good a day later.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 6Tblsp hotwater
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper
- Add ingredients to a bowl in the order listed
- Beat with an electric hand mixer for ten minutes or util the peaks hold their shape
- Pile into a dome shape on the baking tray
- Cook 1 to 1and 1/2 hours depending on oven. Check after 1 hour.
- Turn off until cooled
- Top with whipped cream and berries
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4-6||1 to 1 1/2 hours||15 minutes|