Jill, from Merivale...
Lightest Lemon Cake Ever
Came from where?? Made this one over and over again, either for a delicious pudding, or thinly sliced with tea.
Simplicity is the key. You just need a food processor, and a ring tin mould.
If you have a lemon tree what more could you want..
It is very healthy, no butter, but tastes divine.
Mature people with unsteady teeth love this one!
- 1 3/4 cups sugar.
- Rind of two lemons (peeled with potatoe peeler)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of oil (not olive, just your favourite cooking oil)
- 1 cup yoghurt (I use my own homemade , unsweetened plain)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Tip sugar and lemon rind into the processor. Blend for 30 secs until lemon is chopped finely.
- Add eggs, oil and salt.
- Process 30 secs
- Add yoghurt and lemon juice, process 30 secs
- Add flour, pulse to blend.
- (the mixture is quite liquid)
- Butter and flour a ring tin 23 c.m. dimater.
- Pour mixture into tin.
- Place in middle of oven, for 30 mins.
- Cool in tin.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar and with whipped cream/yoghurt combination.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|10||30 mins||10 mins|