Emillie, from Stoke...
Ridiculously Naughty Oaty Caramel Slice
A very decadent caramel slice whose only redeeming feature is the addition of oats!
5 Votes Since October 17th
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 and 1/2 tspns baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 6oz butter
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 tins condensed milk (depending how naughty you are feeling)
- 2oz butter
- 2-3 tbspns golden syrup (adjust according to amount of condensed milk)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (adjust as above)
- vanilla essence
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and add to dry ingredients.
- Press 2/3rds of this mixture into a greased and lined slice tin.
- Place all other ingredients in a small saucepan and heat gently until mixed together.
- Pour over base mixture.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius until golden brown and caramel has just set.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|approximately 25 pieces||15-20 minutes||15 minutes|