casey-anne, from papakura...
a delicious Carmel slice for everyone
3 Votes Since October 17th
- half a cup self-raising flour
- half a cup plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- half a cup firmly packed soft brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 150g dark chocolate
- 40g butter
- preheat the oven to moderate 180degrees. line the case and sides of a shallow 28x18cm rectangular tin with aluminum foil.
- sift the flours together into a medium bowl. add the coconut and stir. make a well in the center.
- combine the sugar and butter in a medium pan and stir over low heat until butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved
- pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine
- press the mixture evenly onto the base of the prepared tin using the back of a spoon.bake for 10 minutes then leave to cool.
- to make the filling:
- combine the butter, syrup and condensed milk in a medium pan. stir constantly over low heat using a wooden spoon until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.continue stirring the butter for about ten minutes, until the mixture boils and lightly browns.
- pour this mixture over the pastry base and bake for 20 minutes. remove from the oven and cool completely.
- to make the topping:
- place the chocolate and butter into a small heatproof bowl and at stand it over a small pan of simmering water. stir until the chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- spread this mixture evenly over the caramel and allow to completely set. using the foil, lift the slice from the tin and cut it into bars or squares to serve.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|18-20 pieces||about 50 mins||40 mins|