kayla, from Auckland CBD...
Lemon Custard Fruit Cheesecake
A biscuit base with a yellow fruit custard topping this came from a failed attempt of a fruit flan. I left the pastry in the fridge for too long so had to try and invent something with what I had in the cupboard. When you hear what is in it it sounds strange but tastes amazing! And it is brilliant because you can seriously make it from just whatever you have in the cupboard. It takes less than 15 minutes to make as well.
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can fruit salad
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbs lemon rind
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 400 g Shortbread Biscuits
- 2 Weet Bix
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- 75 g butter
- 1/2 cup jam
- Add the custard powder and milk into a saucepan and stir continuously over a medium heat.
- Add to the custard mixture the cornflour, sugar, fruit, vanilla, lemon rind and lemon juice and stir all together until all ingredients are combined. Put aside to cool.
- Blend the biscuits, weet bix and banana chips together and place into a bowl.
- Melt the butter and jam together and add to the biscuit mixture.
- Place biscuit mix into the bottom of a flan dish and pour the mixture overtop.
- Place in the fridge until set.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6-8||0 hrs||15 minutes|