Angela, from Parklands...
The Best Cake In The World
Also known as the Giant Jaffa Cake – a delicious combo of fresh orange, Whittakers chocolate, and dates. Served slightly warm, it’s an adult birthday cake favourite.
995 Votes Since August 31st
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/2 blocks of chocolate.
- Cream together the sugar and butter in a large bowl
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between additions
- Munch up a whole orange in blender (skin and all!) and add to the creamed mixture.
- Add the chopped dates (which can be done by popping them in the blender at the same time as the orange), vanilla and salt to the mixture
- Stir in the flour and baking soda ( dissolved in the water)
- Pour the batter into a lined and greased tin and smooth out evenly
- Using an entire kingsize block of chocolate, poke pieces of choc (2 squares together is good size) into the batter. Jam in as much in as possible
- Smooth the batter over the top of the chocolate
- Bake at 160 degrees for 45mins or until cooked (definitely better on the slightly undercooked side!)
- Serve warm with whipped cream or icecream and for extra decadence, chocolate sauce
- For sauce, in a pot gently melt cream and 1/2 block of chocolate.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8||45 minutes||20 minutes|