Kate, from Ruakaka...
Melting Chocolate Moments
These tasty little cakes have a gooey, melt-in-the-mouth centre hidden within a delicious chocolatey sponge crust. One just won't be enough!
2 Votes Since October 9th
- 100g butter, cubed
- 10g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 100g dark chocolate
- -Preheat the oven to 200'c.
- -Grease 4 individual 8-10cm in diamter moulds, with butter and dust with the flour.
- -Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a bowl until the mixture becomes lighter in colour.
- -Add the ground almonds, whisking until smooth.
- -Melt the chocolate with the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- -Remove from the heat and stir vigorously until the mixture is shiny.
- -Add the melted chocolate and butter to the egg and almond mixture.
- -Stir with a wooden spoon to combine thoroughly.
- -Divide the chocolate mixture between the moulds.
- -Tap the moulds on the work surface to remove any air, then transfer to the oven for 8-10 minutes, until just firm on the outside but still gooey inside.
- -Remove the moulds from the oven. Allow to cool a little.
- -Gently turn out the cakes onto 4 serving plates. Serve warm.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4||8-10 minutes||30 minutes|