Nicola, from St Albans...
These are made with NZ weetbix instead of the traditional cornflakes usually used to make these biscuits. I I always get asked how these afghan biscuits can taste so good and don't often tell people what is in it. With the weetbix in it I like to think they are a little healthier? :)
- 200g butter
- 75g sugar
- 175g flour
- 25g cocoa
- 5 weetbix (crushed finely)
- This makes 9 biscuits. I always double the recipe as they never last long. These can be frozen.
- Soften butter
- Add sugar and beat to a cream.
- Add flour, cocoa.
- Lastly add crushed weetbix either crushed individually between clean, dry hands or place all in a bag and bang with a rolling pin.
- Put heaped teaspoons on a lightly greased oven tray.
- Bake 8 - 15mins (Depending on the oven) at 180oC.
- When cold: Ice with either: Real chocolate (250g) bar broken into small pieces and melted in the micro-wave, or 1 T cocoa and 1 c icing sugar and water to mix. Place on top either walnuts or sprinkle over icing: coconut / sprinkles / anything really.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|Makes 9 biscuits||8 - 15mins.||15 - 20mins|