Beth, from R.D.Waikanae...
Golden Dream Wafers
Crisp, tasty and easy to make. I used to experiment with various recipes and was always intrigued by the idea of chilling the mixture and then slicing. I think I ended up with a unique combination of flavours which has made it the top family favourite!
- 5 ozs butter
- 6 ozs sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 dessertspoon golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bakig soda
- 10 ozs flour
- 1/4 teasp each of cinnamon, cocoa, mixed spice and ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter and sugar. Add edd and golden syrup.
- Then add sifted dry ingredients and lastly walnuts.
- Mould nto a rectangular bar and leave either in refrigerator overnight or in freezer for approx 1/2 hour.
- Slice with sharp knife into fine wafers and place on greased oven tray.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes at 350 degrees F (180C) (Reg 4).
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|60+ biscuits||10 minutes||12 minutes|