Susan, from Edendale...
Sue's Yummy Orange Cake
Moist orange cake. Never lasts long in my house, the wee bit of orange rhind on the icing just finishes it off.
2 Votes Since September 30th
- 3 oz butter
- 1 tsp orange rhind
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Self rising flour
- Put butter, orange rhind, juice and water in a pot, stir until melted. Beat eggs and sugar until thick. Fold sifted flour into egg mixture, then add hot liquid, fold in lightly.
- Pour into a prepared 8" round tin.
- Bake in a mod oven for 35mins.
- Ice with icing made with
- knob of butter
- 2tbsp orange juice and icing sugar to mix
- Sprinkle orange rhind over the top.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|depends on slice size!!||35 mins||10 mins?|