Sarah, from Whitney...
Politically Correct Ginger Bread People
Creating gingerbread people will inspire the artistic flair in those of all ages.. they can be dressed for any occasion using icing of all colours whether it be for themed birthday parties or for picnics on the beach...
3 Votes Since September 28th
- 125g Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- (icing of several colours to decorate)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add melted golden syrup and mix well.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Sift in all dry ingredients
- Roll out onto a floured board until about 6mm thick and cut into desired "gingerbread people" shapes.
- Bake in oven at 200 degrees Celcius for 15 minutes.
- Ice artistically with coloured icing.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|makes 10 people||15 mins||10 mins|