Georgea, from Tindalls Beach...
Strawberry Bread Divine
This is a wonderful, very moist Strawberry Bread that tastes divine. Would be a great addition for the holday table or a summer picnic when strawberries are in abundance.
It has been in my recipe box for years and years but for the life of me, can't remember who gave it to me.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbls cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat Oven to 180C
- Sift all dry ingredients together
- Mix oil, eggs, strawberries and nuts
- Add to dry ingredients, just enough to moisten
- Divide mixture into 2 well greased bread loaf pans.
- Bake 60 minutes, cool 10 minutes, remove and cool completely on rack.
- Very moist.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|2 Bread Loaves||60 minutes||20 minutes|