Linda, from ellerslie...
Lovely Lindas Raspberry And Banana Flan
This is an easy dessert for summer, great with a BBQ, just set it and forget it
Guests, family and the kids will all love this!
3 Votes Since September 24th
- Enough Pastry to fill a flan tin/case (Can buy it from the supermarket or make your own if you are flash!)
- Edmonds Custard Powder (Fix to requirements on box)
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup of Raspberry Jam
- Dessicated Coconut to garnish
- Line a flan tin or case with pastry and blind bake it (you can make your own or grab some from the freezer at the supermarket) by covering it with baking paper and filling it with rice or pasta
- Leave this to cool and then spread the base with a thick layer of Raspberry Jam
- Slice bananas in aprrox 1cm thick slices and layer on top of the jam
- Make custard to requirments on Edmonds Custard Powder box, add more custard powder bit by bit untill quite thick (it needs to be thick enough to set), once you have got the right consistency put this in the fridge and let it set (should be similar to jelly in firmness)!
- Once its set cover sprinkle of the coconut to make a light coloring!
- Slice it and ..... EAT IT!
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6-8||10-15 min||10 min|