Georgina, from Papanui...
The Best Russian Fudge Ever
I've been making this fudge for years now and my friends will request it for their birthday or for numerous other occasions. I originally used a recipe from the Edmonds cook book but altered it to my taste. It is so creamy, it just melts in your mouth!
- 200g butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbspns golden syrup
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- Put all ingredients, apart from vanilla essence, in a pot and bring to the boil stirring all the time.
- Boil for roughly 20 minutes, still stirring all the time.
- In a bowl of cold water drop a little of the fudge mixture (test throughout the 20 mins of boiling), when it is at the soft ball stage remove from heat.
- Add vanilla essence and beat with an electric beater for approximately 5 minutes until you can see it starting to set.
- Pour into greased tin (or lined with baking paper) and place in fridge to cool and set.
- Cut into pieces once set and keep in the fridge or locked pantry to avoid eating it all at once!
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|as many or few as you want||30 minutes||5 minutes|