Jane, from Mangere East...
Chocolate Coconut Crunch
The flavours of the cocoa with the descicated coconut and melted chocolate icing get those tastebuds wanting more!
The "homemade" alternative snack to have for the kids lunch box, afternoon tea or for those unexpected but welcome guests.
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¾ cup of Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Cocoa
- 8 Weetbix (Crushed)
- 1 cup of descicated Coconut
- 400g melted butter
- 200g Dairy Milk Chocolate
- Heat oven to Bake at 180 degrees celcius
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix in crushed weetbix, sugar and descicated coconut
- Pour melted butter over the dry ingredients and stir all together until well combined
- Put mixture into a greased slice tin and Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 2-3 minutes on medium and spread over slice when cold.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of coconut over icing whilst cooling
- Cut slices when icing has hardened.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|12 - 15||40 minutes||10 minutes|