June, from Auckland...
Marbled Brownies (Chocolate & Cream Cheese)
I call it heaven. Always a big hit with friends. Rich chocolate taste combined with cream cheese - YUM YUM YUM.
My never-fail recipe.
2 Votes Since September 22nd
- 125g Butter
- 125g Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 250g Cream Cheese (I use Kraft Philadelphia's)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven at 180º C.
- Grease and line baking tin 6 x 12 in.
- Combine butter, chocolate & brown sugar and heat gently until butter and chocolate has melted, leave to cool.
- Beat eggs and add to (3).
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa together; add to batter (4) carefully.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Pour chocolate mixture into baking tin in batches. At each layer (batch), randomly spoon cream cheese mixture in between before pouring the next batch of choc mixture in.
- Bake at 180º C for 40 min.
- Sift icing sugar over just before serving (Optional).
|Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|40 minutes||20 minutes|