Amanda, from Auckland Central...
Chunky Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe is so delicious! It tastes just like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. These cookies are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and the chocolate pieces melt in your mouth!
The recipe featured in a novel written about the Amish people.
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat margarine, sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of dough onto a cookie tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let them stand for 10 minutes before removing from the paper, they will crisp on cooling.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|3 dozen||15 - 45 minutes||15 minutes|