Alice, from North Dunedin...
Famous Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie
EXCLUSIVE! I normally keep my best recipes a secret but I am sharing this recipe as a chance for everyone to see how amazing it is! I originally discovered this recipe when in Sydney with my family. My Mums best friend made this brownie and sold it in a small cafe down by the beach and it was a huge hit.This is a SCRUMPTIOUS brownie that can be served as a dessert with cream and ice-cream or simply as a snack or special treat. The peanut butter swirls on top make it not just your typical brownie but something spectacular. This brownie doesn't last for long as it's very hard to resist. There has been times when I make this for my flatmates and within 2 hours or less it's gone and I haven't even got to it! I think that is a sure sign that it is a definite favourite in our flat and I know it is with my family as well.
- 180g butter
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 50g extra dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Melt together butter and 150g chocolate
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs then add sugar, vanilla ess, flour and cocoa.
- When the butter and chocolate mixture has melted allow it to cool slightly before adding to the other mixture.
- Stir together then add remaining chocolate bits.
- Place in a tin.
- Soften the peanut butter then with a spoon blob it on top of the brownie.
- Using either a sharp knife or skewer swirl the peanut butter so that it creates a marble effect on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|cuts into 12 decent sized squares||30-40 minutes||20-30 minutes|