Carole, from 180 Patons Rock Road R.D.2...
Very moist and tasty gingerbread it doesn't last long in our household as it is to tasty.
The flavour is really good and it is easy to make
1 Votes Since September 20th
- 4oz margarine
- 4oz sugar
- 9oz black treacle
- 10oz plain flour
- 2 level teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 level tespoon Bicarb soda
- 1 large egg
- 7fl.oz milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Melt treacle,sugar and narg over low heat, then leave to cool slightly.
- Sieve together flour,bicarb and ginger.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the melted mixture with beaten egg,milk and vinegar.
- Stir together and pour into greased tin.
- Bake in centre of oven 11/4- 11/2 hours until springy, in a preheated oven.
- Gas 2
|Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|11/4 to 11/2 hours||20mins|