Kalindi, from Helensville...
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
Decadent by design - I love this because its so eay and people think wow that is so difficult to make - major brownie points!!
Its also very versatile as you can leave off the meringue and change the lemon to anything, melted choc, tinned raspberris or blueberries ( always drained!!) or something fantastic like kahlua or baileys!!!
- 1 x 200g pack of vanilla biscuits - crushed
- 100g melted butter
- 300g Cream cheese - softened
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 3 Gelatine leaves - or 5 tsp of powdered gelatine
- 2T Hot Milk
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Lemons (rind & juice)
- 2 Egg Whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2c Sugar
- Mix crushed biscuits and butter in a bowl
- Press into the base of a 9 inch tin with a loose base that can be popped out.
- Put Gelatine leaves into cold water and soak till soft
- Heat milk and put in gelatine to dissolve
- or 5 tsp or powder can be used straight into hot milk
- Beat Cream cheese, condensed milk, gelatine, milk, egg yolks and lemon zest and juice in a food processor or with an egg beater till smooth.
- Pour into tin on top of crust
- Set in fridge for 25 minutes
- Beat egg whites, salt and sugar untill they peak ( meringue stage)
- Spoon mix onto cheesecake and cook in a hot over (200deg) for approx 8 min or untill top colours
- Eat - YUMMY
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|10||5 min||20 min|