Lorraine, from Sockburn...
I love this cake as it is a continuosly used family favourite.
handed down from one family member to another.
Caraway seed is why it is called a seedy cake.
2 Votes Since September 18th
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2cups of self raising flour
- 1 teaspm of caraway seed dried
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- half cup of sugar
- 1 Teasp vanilla essence
- For icing
- 2cups of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tabelspoons of passion fruit pulp
- To make Cake
- Beat eggs till frothy, mix together dry ingriedients.
- Cream butter and sugar add beaten eggs and dry ingridients.
- Mix together well and put in greased ring mould bake on modrete heat for 20 to 30 minutes until golden. When cooked leave to cool on cake rack.
- Mix together butter icing sugar and passionfruit pulp
- until icing is smooth.
- Ice the cake when it is cool. The passionfruit and caraway work well.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|serves four people||25 to 30 minutes||ten minutes|