Katie, from Seddon...
Meringue, Strawberry And Marshmallow Luscious Dessert
This dessert is always an absolute winner whenever I make it and everyone says "Wow". It is always yummy and it is so easy. Not sure how I invented it, I just know everyone loves meringues.
2 Votes Since September 17th
- 8 egg whites
- 16 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream (500 ml) + 1/2 cup icing sugar to sweeten
- 1 or 2 punnets strawberries + icing sugar to sweeten
- Bag of Pascalls Marshmallows
- Flake chocolate bar
- Make the meringues in two batches each with 4 egg whites and 8 tablespoons sugar. Add 1/2 tsp baking powder to each batch. Make one batch pink and leave the other batch white. Put the meringues out on the tray covered with baking paper, I usually make them quite big,about a dessertspoon full each one, and bake at 130 for about an hour until hard on top. Remove from oven and loosen from the paper and wait till they are cold.
- Whip the cream until thick, prepare strawberries leaving them whole if medium size or halved if large. Sprinkle them with icing sugar and put aside.
- To put this dish together you have a very large plate or platter with a drinking glass turned upside down in the middle of the plate. You can get a large flat plastic platter from the $2 shop if you dont already have a suitable platter.
- Take each meringue and put a spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom, then stick it to the glass, Repeat until glass has 3 or 4 meringues on it then just continue stacking them in this way, and over the bottom of the platter,sticking them to each other with the cream on the bottom of each one, alternating pink meringues with the white. Stick some marshmallows here and there as well. Keep going till you have a huge round high mound of meringues all over the plate and on top of each other, hiding the glass.The glass is just there for support. On top put strawberries here and there and marshmallows. Finally crumble up the flake bar and sprinkle of top, Keep in fridge till ready to serve.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8||about 3 hours||2 hrs|