Joanna, from Riccarton...
Super Chocolate Caramel Cellulite Slice
This is a recipe I created to step away from the traditional chocolate caramel slice, as the chocolate layer just kept melting in the summer.
It is super easy to make, and one of those indulgent treat foods that impresses and people never seem to get sick of.
Just kidding about the cellulite!
- 250gms cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 x 395gm tins Condensed milk
- 125gm Butter, Melted
- 5 Tbsp Golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 deg, grease and line a 18cm x 28cm slice tin.
- For the base:
- Combine the butter, both flours and cocoa in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time and pulse to just combine.
- Press just over half the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Combine all caramel ingredients and pour over base.
- Scatter remaining cake mix over caramel and bake 40-50mins or until caramel is set.
- Cool completely before cutting
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|32 squares||40-50 minutes||15 minutes|